Lately I've spent a lot of time thinking about
where we will be moving/living for the next few years while Gerrit is in law
school. We're still waiting to hear back about our applications, and so there
are so many places we could be in just a few months: Chicago,
LA, NYC, North Carolina... But thinking about all
these places we could go has also made me reflect on the time I've spent here
in Provo and on
what a unique little town it is. A good friend of mine from my senior year of
high school recently started a blog with her sister called "BCN Sister
Secrets." The idea is that every week they post one look, one book, one
spot, and one song to share the best (that you might not even know about) of Barcelona. So I thought
about that for Provo:
what would be a look, book, spot, or song to describe it here? Where would I
direct people coming to visit? Mostly, what is it about Provo that I love? Of course Provo
is not quite the sexy European destination that Barcelona is, but we certainly have some
charms of our own. What would you include in your list for Provo? Here are some of my favorites (though
you'll notice that it's impossible for me to separate Provo from BYU!):
The Y lit up for Homecoming
BYU Sports
The Seasons: How quiet it gets when it snows
India Palace, one of my favorite restaurants here; the chicken korma is awesome!
Those are all great things, but I think you need to include your Indian Food Resturant. We can't wait to see where you two end up!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad
Rebecca I now know one thing you like about the snow. I didn't know there was anything in this category you were cool with.
ReplyDeleteSo true! Provo is a wonderful place, and sometimes it takes thinking of other places (or moving to other places) to help you realize all the wonderful things here. Need to take advantage of these favs before we move away.
ReplyDelete