This weekend was another Winkel weekend. Gerrit's dad flew in on Friday evening and his brother came in from BYU-I on Saturday afternoon. Saturday evening we went to a wedding reception for Gerrit's cousin Kevin and his new wife Braylin which was lovely. On Sunday we had a big family party to celebrate Grandpa Winkel's 80th birthday. We ate Grandpa's favorite food/snacks (like roasted unsalted peanuts, wheat thins, and orange cake) and had fun visiting with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. We loved having Gerrit's dad and brother stay with us and we had lots of fun with family.
As we visited with family one story came up about Grandma Allen (Grandma Winkel's sister) and how when she was very very old she used to say that inside she still felt like she was 17. Even though I'm not very old, I already relate with that. Sometimes I think, am I really a college graduate, now getting my master's? Have I really been married for two and a half years? To me those things make me sound old, but really I hardly feel different than I did at 17. I was thinking about this and I got an email from one of my old roommates with some pictures from our most recent roommate evening. Four out of the original six of us got together with our husbands for snacks and games, and we had a blast. Looking at the pictures made me laugh and confirmed that however old I get, I'm pretty sure I'll still feel like--and with these girls act like--I'm 17. And I love it. :)
11 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment