Friday, August 26, 2011

Weddings!

This summer Gerrit and I got to participate in lots of weddings; it just seemed like that kind of summer. We were lucky to enjoy weddings of friends an family and were able to attend some beautiful sealings. The pictures here are from the Jake and Laura Basilius wedding, the Manuel and Tiffany Delgado wedding, and the Eric and Jennie Swenson wedding. All these brides were beautiful and all the grooms seemed pretty happy :) As we get closer to celebrating our second anniversary it has been lovey to participate in these weddings and reflect on our own sealing and family. I love weddings!

Gerrit and I both got to know Jake while he was serving in the Spain Barcelona mission. He was a great missionary, and we love Laura even more! They are such a great couple and had a beautiful reception in Salt Lake.





Manuel and Tiffany (Gerrit's cousin on the Winkel side) got married next. They were sealed in the Timpanogos temple. Their wedding was the first on the Winkel side since ours (in August 2009), and we were happy to pass on the title of the newest married couple!





The latest wedding was Jennie and Eric's this past Friday (August 19). Gerrit couldn't come, but I was able to be there for the entire wedding weekend and all the fun events! They were sealed in the San Diego temple (in the same room where Gerrit and I were sealed!). I just love Jennie and I have never seen her so stunning or so happy. I also got to enjoy the weekend with two other old roommates, Sarah and Mackenzie. It was so fun to spend time with them both! And of course, San Diego lived up to all the expectations--it was a beautiful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment