Gerrit has been getting up really early lately because his schedule is so crazy that he needs to access as many hours on campus as possible. So when he left on Valentine's Day at 5:25am it wasn't really unusual. He kissed me goodbye (I of course, was still in sleepy haze in bed), and when I heard him shut the front door I fell back asleep. I woke up again a few minutes before my alarm went off at 6:00am after hearing some sounds in my kitchen. I quickly turned off my alarm and stayed totally still listening; I knew somebody was in my kitchen. Terrified I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, slipped under my covers, and called Gerrit to have him come home immediately. As it turns out, he was already home, making me breakfast. He had left and come back with roses, Simply Orange juice, and some other yummy breakfast items, and was setting everything up. It was very sweet, once my heart stopped racing. :) We had a quick breakfast and I ran off to a 6:30 meeting. We didn't get to see each other again until about 7:30 that evening when I got home from an afternoon at the state capitol doing some advocacy work. Gerrit had set up dinner with our china and crystal and heated our yummy leftovers from Sunday's tikki masala dinner. While we didn't have a normal Valentine's Day, I am so grateful for a good husband who works with both of our crazy schedules to make things special for me. I love him!
Knowing Valentine's Day would probably be crazy, we celebrated over the weekend by doing sealings at the temple and going out to dinner. We also had lots of fun with the Tanner's and some other friends at a little party. We've really had a great few days!
Gerrit getting breakfast ready. I thought the orange slices were a very pretty addition.
The table I came home to after a very long day
Our very yummy dinner (this picture is from Sunday). Thanks to Lauren for sharing this recipe with me!
Ready to eat!
Outside the Provo temple after doing sealings
At the Tanner's; we're so glad they're living here now!


How sweet!! I love that your hubbie totally surprised you with breakfast but that he scared you half to death first ;) We love to do sealings for Valentine's Day, too... it just seems so appropriate. :)
ReplyDelete